Alcohol & Drug Counseling Studies Programs
HYBRID TRAINING PROGRAM AVAILABLE NOW!
InterCoast College understands that most people have busy schedules and finding time to pursue a Career in the field can be a challenge! We are pleased to announce that InterCoast Colleges is now offering a NEW Hybrid Alcohol And Drug Counseling Training Program! What a great way to get you started on this new Career!
The Hybrid Program blends both on-campus and online together so you get the best of both worlds!
- One day each week, you will attend the Training on-campus for hands-on instruction, projects, and real-world practice guided by our experienced and qualified faculty. This day is typically on the weekend, depending on the campus in which you enroll.
- During the week, you will complete online assignments from the convenience of your home. You can work on your assignments at any time during the day or evening.
- Graduate in less than a year!
Find the nearest InterCoast Colleges campus location below and schedule your personalized campus tour. We look forward to hearing from you. CALL TODAY! Classes forming NOW!
Become a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor and Support Those Battling Addictions
Call (877) 227-3377 NOW
Interested in Becoming an Alcohol And Drug Counselor?
A substance abuse counselor is a competent professional trained to offer alcohol and drug abuse counseling services to those seeking recovery from addiction.
Interconnected with that of social and human services, these qualified professionals are equipped to handle the staggering numbers of people in need of help, many of whom have lost their way of life as a direct result of these addictions.
A substance abuse counselor is an individual who is trained to offer alcohol and drug abuse counseling services. They work closely with patients or clients who are seeking recovery from addiction.
Substance abuse classes give students an in-depth understanding of people suffering from addictions. Learn how to help patients eliminate unwanted patterns of behavior. Discover how to help people overcome addictions. Enable your patients to maintain focus on recovery. Study ways to help and support patients with the most crucial objective of all, the prevention of relapses.
The demand for Substance Abuse Counselors is projected to grow much faster than the national average of 20% or higher during the period from 2008 to 2018, with stated employment in 2008 of 352,000 individuals!*
The exclusive Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies at InterCoast Colleges prepares today’s aspiring substance abuse counselors with the educational tools necessary to become an Alcohol and Drug Counselor, one that just may rescue the addicted patient lost in the alienating world of addiction.
A report published in the National Institute on Drug Abuse (2018 – Drugs, Brains, and Behavior), The Science of Addiction, found that critical causes of addiction were:
- Genetics: The impact of one’s genes accounts for about 40% to 60% of a person’s risk of addiction.
- Environmental Factors: A chaotic home environment, abuse, parent’s drug use and attitude toward drugs, and peer influence may increase an individual’s risk of addiction.
- Age: Teenagers and people with mental health disorders were more at risk for drug use and addiction
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
InterCoast College is proud to be approved by The California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP). The CCAPP is the largest statewide consortium of community-based for-profit and nonprofit substance use disorder treatment agencies.
The full list of accreditations and approvals for our drug and alcohol counseling course includes:
The program is designed to provide students with a complete educational program. Our curriculum exceeds California certification standards. Classes are suitable for students both with or without prior experience in the field of Substance Abuse Counseling.
The Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies Program taught at InterCoast College in California prepares aspiring substance abuse counselors to work in the sector. Our team provides all the required educational tools, skills, and knowledge to help you become a competent and qualified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
Useful skills gained during the Substance Abuse Counseling course include:
- Communication with individuals and/or families needing substance abuse treatment or education
- Facilitation of various types of counseling groups including process, problem-solving, psycho-educational, and activity groups
- Equipping clients with healthy coping skills to prevent the possibility of relapse
- Maintenance and provision of private medical records taught in adherence to relevant regulations and applicable laws.
- Understanding the importance of the therapeutic alliance in substance abuse counseling
- Gaining effective counseling techniques
Alcohol and Drug Counselling Studies Program – Substance Abuse Program Fact Sheet
Take a look at the: Student Performance Fact Sheet to learn more!
Get Started With Your Substance Abuse Counsellor Career Today
Contact us to request more information and apply for a course today.