NOTICE TO STUDENTS REGARDING THE IMPACT OF CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR EDUCATION:
If you are a current CAMPUS BASED STUDENT attending the ETP, HVAC, MA, PT, or ADCS, your instruction is available to you ONLINE. You will receive an email or phone call with your online orientation schedule and instructions on your live lectures and course assignments and submissions. ETP and HVAC Hybrid students will not attend campus sessions on March 21st and March 28, 2020. Current “fully online” students and programs are not affected. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them from governmental authorities. For more information, please call 1-877-227-3377.
HYBRID TRAINING PROGRAM AVAILABLE NOW!
InterCoast College understands that most people have busy schedules and finding time to pursue a Career in the field can be a challenge! We are pleased to announce that InterCoast Colleges is now offering a NEW Hybrid Alcohol And Drug Counseling Training Program! What a great way to get you started on this new Career!
The Hybrid Program blends both on-campus and online together so you get the best of both worlds!
- One day each week, you will attend the Training on-campus for hands-on instruction, projects, and real-world practice guided by our experienced and qualified faculty. This day is typically on the weekend, depending on the campus in which you enroll.
- During the week, you will complete online assignments from the convenience of your home. You can work on your assignments at any time during the day or evening.
- Graduate in less than a year!
Find the nearest InterCoast Colleges campus location below and schedule your personalized campus tour. We look forward to hearing from you. CALL TODAY! Classes forming NOW!
Call (877) 227-3377 NOW
Become a Substance Abuse Counselor (aka drug and alcohol counselor)
A substance abuse counselor is a competent professional trained to offer alcohol and drug abuse counseling services to those seeking recovery from addiction.
Interconnected with that of social and human services, these qualified professionals are equipped to handle the staggering numbers of people in need of help, many of whom have lost their way of life as a direct result of these addictions.
Through counseling, those suffering from addictions seek to eliminate offending behavior patterns, overcome their addictions, and maintain focus on recovery and prevention of relapse.
The demand for Substance Abuse Counselors is projected to grow much faster than the national average 20 percent or higher during the period from 2008-2018, with a stated employment in 2008 of 352,000 individuals!*
The exclusive Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies at InterCoast Colleges prepares today’s aspiring substance abuse counselors with the educational tools necessary to become an Alcohol and Drug Counselor, one that just may rescue the addicted patient lost in the alienating world of addiction.
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
The California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP), has approved the InterCoast Colleges program and is the largest statewide consortium of community-based for profit and nonprofit substance use disorder treatment agencies, and addiction focused professionals, providing services to over 100,000 California residents annually in residential, outpatient, and private practice settings.
The program is designed to provide those students with or without prior experience in the field of Substance Abuse Counseling with a complete educational program that meets and exceeds California certification standards and further develops the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies student who is able to competently convey services relative in the Alcohol and Drug Counseling profession.
The instructional practices within the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Studies program involves counseling fundamentals, addiction treatment and relapse prevention, ethical conduct and relevant laws, pharmacology and the brain, as well as skills-development to enhance personal and professional growth.
You will learn and practice skills in a number of tasks associated with alcohol and drug abuse counseling to assist you in:
- Communicating with individuals and/or families needing substance abuse treatment/education
- Facilitating various types of counseling groups such as process, problem-solving, psycho-educational, and activity groups
- Equipping clients with coping skills to prevent the possibility of relapse
- Maintaining and providing private medical records in adherence to relevant regulations and applicable laws
- Understanding the importance of the therapeutic alliance in substance abuse counseling
- Gaining effective culturally-competent counseling techniques